Back to Church
Dear church family,
Over the last months we have been busy trying our best to maintain a “church” feeling by offering livestreams, social media input, focus groups, Zoom prayer and more.
The staff and tech team have worked hard to keep this going and everybody involved deserves a big round of applause.
Now the same group of people have stuck their heads together again to find solutions and we are happy to announce that we are going back to church!
It goes without saying that this can only happen if we follow the guidelines set out by the government for church meetings in Belgium, as well as using our common sense.
So please take a few minutes to read this carefully, so that we can make the return to church an enjoyable and safe experience for everybody.
DATES and TIMES
Starting with Sunday 30th August we are launching a new weekly meeting on Sunday evenings.
These meetings will take place 18:00-19:30 in the main hall of the Vineyard Brussels building in Auderghem.
We also have a regular Sunday morning church service starting at 10:30am in the main hall of the Vineyard Brussels building in Auderghem.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
RISE – SUNDAY EVENINGS
This new meeting will focus on worship and prayer with a lot of space for worship through different kinds of artistic expression such as dancing, painting and music, to name just a few.
To respect government guidelines, a maximum of 55 people can attend.
This meeting will not be streamed via social media.
This will be a regular Sunday morning church service, but without our customary coffee break :-).
There will only be one Sunday morning service.
To respect government guidelines, a maximum of 55 persons including kids can attend.
This service will be livestreamed on social media. Please note that you might be filmed and appear on the livestream.
Every person, including kids, who wants to attend must register in advance. This is mandatory and can be done via Churchsuite or through the VB website.
The deadline for registration is 18:00 on Saturday.
Please understand that registration is binding. If you need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, please send an email to: email@example.com, mentioning the names of all the people who will not attend. Like this we can free up some places for others.
We encourage you to register considerately, focusing on the good of the church community as a whole, so that everybody can enjoy coming to church once in a while.
If you are in a risk group or have a preexisting health condition, we encourage you to continue to benefit from the livestream offered on Sunday mornings. If you also feel a need for counselling, please contact Sonja at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is mandatory.
- A mask must be worn at all times, including during worship.
- Sanitizing stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the building, and should be used.
- You must respect a distance of 1.5m at all times. This includes the path into church, the entrance, entrance hall, main hall, way out and after exiting.
- When you arrive, confirm your presence at the “check in” desk. You will then be guided to your seats, which will be arranged by single attendees and family ‘bubbles’.
- We strongly encourage you to avoid the use of the toilet facilities.
- No kissing, no hugging, no laying on of hands. We know this will be hard, but please respect the rules so that we can get back to normal as soon as possible.
- The building will be cleaned and sanitized after every service.
This might sound overwhelming, but we believe that even if we have to keep distance and sing our praises into a mask, we will benefit from celebrating together.
Let us come together with joy, consideration for others, and with the hope of being united as a congregation soon under less restrictive circumstances.
The Staff & Tech Team, Vineyard Brussels